The functions, aims and goals of the Florida Society of Rheumatology shall be to:
- This Society shall represent the physicians practicing Rheumatology in the state of Florida, and will fulfill the role of the professional society for rheumatologists in Florida.
- The Society is committed to furthering the goals of the American College of Rheumatology.
- Provide education for the practicing rheumatologist, the practicing physician in other specialties, paramedical personnel, the patients themselves and the community.
- Take an active interest in the economic side of medicine since how well the patient can afford the care and treatment he/she needs for his/her chronic disease depends, in most instances, upon how well educated third party payors are to the fact that there are various treatments for these conditions now and to the fact that considerable time and effort is involved.
- Represent the specialty of Rheumatology in negotiations with governmental and private third party payors.
- Facilitate the recognition of the role of the rheumatologist as the provider of choice for patients with arthritis, chronic pain, osteoporosis, and musculoskeletal disease.
Priya Reddy, MD
- 11954 Boyette Road Riverview, Florida 33569
- (813) 672-2243
Manish Relan, MD
- 9191 RG Skinner Parkway, Suite 401 Jacksonville, Florida 32256
- (904) 503-6999
Cathrine Kowal, MD
- 1855 Veterans Park Drive, #103 Naples, Florida 34109
- (239) 596-5220
Korey Ullrich, MD
Member at Large
- 1050 Nw 15th St Ste 212a Boca Raton, FL 33486
- (561) 368-5611
Olga Kromo, MD
Immediate Past President
- 6280 Sunset Drive, Suite 501 South Miami, Florida 33143
- (305) 671-3447
Yvonne Sherrer, MD
Insurance Carrier Committee Chair
- 5333 North Dixie Highway, Suite 110 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33334
- (954) 229-7030
Michael Schweitz, MD
- 1515 North Flagler Drive West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
- (561) 659-4244
Jeanne Torbett, CMP, CMMM
- 4909 Lannie Rd. Jacksonville, FL 32218
Kenneth E. Stark, MD
Specialty Society Legislative Chair
- 1613 Banning Beach Road Tavares, Florida 32778
- (352) 343-7735